Paul's Famous Hamburgers

For my birthday I decided to go kayaking and then stop off at Paul's Famous Hamburgers for a late lunch. It's something I've been wanting to try but never really made the effort, or mores never been in the area.


We arrived at the store around 2pm and there was still a line out the door. Most people don't even eat there and opted for the takeaway option leaving plenty of spare seats for us.


A girl walks down the line and takes your order so that by the time you reach the front, you’re order is ready to go. The system is very efficient BUT if you’re a first timer, you have no real chance to peruse the menu and are somewhat forced to make a quick decision. Also they only accept cash but offer an ATM service inside. 


We ended up ordering Paul’s Famous Hamburger, a chilli chicken burger, a side of small fries (I seem to have lost that photo), a litre of Pineapple Crush and their special sauce to dip our chips.

The Paul's Famous burger tasted very home-made, very fresh and their sauce in the burger made it all work so well. Either that or all that rowing really drew up an appetite. The bites of burger without the sauce really showed the burger lacking in taste on its own. The chicken burger was nothing fancy. It was decent, but the spice wasn’t strong enough and the chicken was slightly dry.


The dipping sauce was another star. The chips were nice and heavily salted with chicken salt. 

The pineapple crush was fresh. Very pulpy… BUT it wasn’t cold enough. That was my only gripe.. They also had plenty of drink choices and shakes… which looked very interesting.


I don’t know would I purposely make the journey out here to try but if I’m in the area… I’d be keen on giving it another go…

Paul's Famous Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...


Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

https://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/70/14246/Sydney/Life-of-Snacking-Bear.html

Best,
Greg

greg@urbanspoon.com

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos