Summertime Home Cooked Pizza

What better way to turn a ridiculous late night "investment" in a portable pizza oven then to turn it into a party with friends and make it a Xmas Make-Your-Own-Pizza Party... and that's exactly what happened.


We all gathered together with our pizza dough (kneaded and prepped the night before), armed with our toppings of choice and Kris Kringle presents. As usual, we always have too much food, as it dawned on us when we tried to compact our produce all into the fridge.


We fired up the cooker with some wooden pellets and some gel... and watched as she heated up.


The turning of dough from dough blob to fancy pizza base turned out to be quite a challenging task despite how easy the video made it. Getting a perfectly round base was a hard skill to master.


Anyways, with our base in decent condition, we loaded it with meats, cheeses, sauce and some veges to make it feel healthy and shoved that pizza into the cooking beast...


We had to keep an eye on the oven and turn the pizza more often than we thought as the heat in the back was a lot hotter and caused it to burn quicker. Despite being our first try... it wasn't a bad result. We all tasted our mini slices and gave it the thumbs up and kept on churning pizzas... like Dominoes and their $4.95 deals...


Nothing better to accompany the pizza than some cold beer... is he Asahi... yes I am...


I'm sure the costs of making our own pizzas exceeded just going out and buying them ready-made... but the cooking process was actually quite fun and left us with some sense of achievement and a greater appreciation for pizza chefs...


As the sun started to set on us, we started getting more generous with toppings... the above is massive chunks of meatballs....


The above is an overdose of dough in the crust....


With the sun out, the nice breeze and smell of fresh pizza... it was a perfect Xmas "BBQ" day to share it with friends... despite the mozzies at night...

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos