Me Oi

Recently the word in our group has been Pho and in particular Me Oi's Pho. It's this new place in Strathfield that's taking the locals by storm. When we arrived I realised my beloved Burmese restaurant is no longer here and it's now replaced with a clean-cut new Vietnamese restaurant that draws a line to eat a bowl of humble Pho.


What they offer is three sizes: small, medium and large. The bowl sizes are displayed on the counter and you'll be charged an additional $2 per size you go up.. starting from $10 for the small. A bit pricey for a bowl of Pho considering most places are easily under $10.


And the verdict: I personally didn't mind it. It definitely ain't as good as some of the places out west but maybe I'm just a westie at heart. The broth is nice but not as clean or flavoursome as Huong Xua in my opinion. It definitely didn't justify the wait outside. Though in saying that it would be one of the better Pho places in the area... since there isn't much competition.... being so Korean dominated and all. Was also warned the chilli sauces on the table would do some serious damage to my taste buds but I found it all to be quite bearable and nothing extreme.


I loved that each bowl came with it's own wooden platter that was personalised with the restaurants logos. No expenses spared.


I got recommended the Vietnamese Lemon Soda to pair with my Pho. It's not my typical drink but worked well none the less.


The wife got an avocado shake as usual.


... and my friends had a nice caffeine injected glass of Vietnamese Iced Coffee....


and a Custard Apply Shake which apparently wasn't too bad either. Though honestly, you really can't go too wrong with these drinks. My friends also had the Fresh Summer Rolls as a light dinner which didn't receive any complaints.


Overall service was fantastic... yes we had to wait... yes the food isn't the best but if I'm too lazy to drive out west or up to Eastwood for something decent... this place cures the cravings, has a nice atmosphere and even the service comes with a smile.

Me Oi on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos