Eastwood BBQ Kitchen

Yet again, we find ourselves standing around Eastwood contemplating what to try. Me, armed with my camera ready to just capture the moment and the wife feeling frustrated at not being able to narrow down her options. Choice is her worst enemy.

We eventually chose Eastwood BBQ Kitchen... and to make the decision more difficult right next door was another Chinese BBQ store. Both had a line, both offered a similar menu... 


Most of the menu is in Chinese and you have the basic options in English. They offer just the BBQ on it's own (usually by weight) or you can pair it up with some rice and veggies for an instant meal. My wife chose the three treasures on the menu and I went with the roast duck... both was a meal combo.

The service was slow. One cutting the meat and one taking the orders.... but they were friendly and efficient... well as much as they could be for the lack of staff... and as polite as an Asian owned food place can be as well...


We took it all away as there's no where to eat it comfortably nearby and just went home with it. Look at the rice proportion. If I knew they were going to give me rice for 2 in one box, I wouldn't have opted for rice again in the second box. There was a decent serving of roast duck in my one and they paired it with a plum sauce which really sealed the deal. It was sweet and sour and just broke down the taste of fattiness from the duck.


The three treasures included BBQ Sausage, soy chicken, BBQ pork, veggies and an egg. We were mistaken and thought it came with roast pork as well.... but that was clearly our mistake and not theirs. The menu just had a photo but never really listed what you will get.... and we made an assumption.


According to the menu, our meals came to $20.50... but they then had a special (I'm not sure how long this is going for) and knocked off another 15%. By no means is this the best BBQ place I've been to. What you do get is generous servings (enough to last us for both lunch and dinner), fair customer service, decent food and all for under $20.


Eastwood BBQ Kitchen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos