Paris Day Three

Another horrid rainy start... and with no breakfast plans in place we decided to give their Maccas a try. Besides the rain, our next hurdle was to wait for this American woman to pay for her Maccas. She was so rude and aggressive towards the staff because she didn't have any cash to pay for food and only had a work supplied credit card which wasn't registering. It finally worked after 30 minutes of being stuck behind her... hearing her whine and whine about her card not working. I would have been happy to McBitchSlap her on the staffs behalf. 


We finally got our order in. To start off the day my wife got the Banania.. which is basically powder which you mix into a hot cup of milk they provide.


I got myself a juice... which was given to me as a popper. I felt like a lil' kid again.


I got a fancy named coffee which tasted horrible.


I don't know what we ordered but we basically got the bread of a McMuffin...


We got a McGriddle... it's basically a pancake with the Maccas logo embossed on it. I think the American version is fancier because they use this as the bread and pack in your daily goodness in-between.


We obviously had to try a Sausage McMuffin which didn't seem to have egg option. We were just too tired of not being able to speak the language to complain and just ate why we got. So basically our Parisian Maccas experience was horrible.


After walking through gardens and scenery for hours. We headed up to St Germain. This area was full of food places. We stopped off for an award winning lemon tart. They shaped it as a flip flop during the summer months.


My wife noticed this chickens cooking in something that almost looked like a chicken vending machine.


I really wanted to eat more pastries but after many sour faces pulled by my wife it meant we weren't going to. So off to try an omelette place across the road.


Started off the meal with a freshly squeezed juice...


A ham omelette paired with a salad that's smothered in dressing.


I was looking forward to the rest of the day as we wouldn't be needing our map because my wife's friend was kind enough to show us around town. While waiting for her, our hungry eyes get drawn to this massive pan of paella.


It looked and smelt heaps better than it tasted... we both had a few spoonful and the rest was deposited into a trash can... I hate wasting food...


On our walk, the weather suddenly took a turn for the worse and there was a down pour of heavy rain. People took cover in coffee shops, as the owners celebrated with glee. I really hated the waiters attitude. He forced everyone to buy a drink. I opted for a tea because I was feeling sick. It literally came with hot water, a tea bag and a bill for $6. Wow.... the tea tasted horrible too.


This was my favourite meal of the day! I had it on my itinerary ages ago and was really looking forward to coming here. This shop was situated in the Jewish district. The line was long but the service was efficient.


We got ourselves a falafel wrap that was award winning and apparent word of mouth makes it very famous. It was so good that on the last leg of our trip, we walked many kilometres to come back here out of our way just to eat it again.


Our dinner stop was a Fish La Boissonnerie. This place was highly rated online and I came in with high expectation.


Yet again we were greeted rudely by the owner. We got sat at the bar because we didn't have a booking. Many people rocked up after us without bookings and were turned away. He walked past us muttering something that resembled 'f'ing idiots'. Not a great start to our night.

Noone really wanted to serve us as we just starred around the room looking blankly at our French menu. Finally the owner leans over and quickly rushes through what each thing was and we made our choice hastily hoping not to trouble him anymore.


So we start off with the complimentary bread. As always the bread is pretty decent in Paris.


A complimentary shot of gazpacho....


We shared the entree... which was a fancy potato masala with some egg...


I got the octopus to try something new


My wife got the Pollock...


And the tart to finish off....

Sorry for the lack of description for the food... that's how forgettable the meal was.

We ate so quick and left even quicker... After this meal... it made me feel ready to leave France and tackle London...

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos