BM Oriental Food House

Hidden off the main street in Campsie, you'll find this grocery shop which surprisingly has a kitchen at the back where you get some good home made Filipino food. The thanks goes to my wife's family for introducing it to me.

Upon entering you feel like you're just in another Asian grocery store and then you notice there's hot food that is kept in warmers ready to serve and paired up with rice. You also notice the lady in the back chopping at lechon (roasted suckling pig). My only gripe is the fact that if you've never tried the food before you'll have no idea what to order as there's no signage.


When I was googling this place and it's exact location, I found that there seems to be a few places in NSW with the same name. Is it a franchise? Have they just been moving around a lot? Not sure are they all still existing or how it works as there's barely any information online though there was a health warning on the one in Fairfield. Don't say you weren't warned.

                           

These were the dishes we shared. I won't sit here and try to describe their taste... Binagoongan - pork sautéed in tomatoes and stewed in shrimp paste.


Lechon - Roasted Suckling Pig.


Sinigang - Filopino stew or soup that tends to be sour and savoury with a flavour most often associated with tamarind.


Turon - Basically a banana spring roll with jackfruit and harden caramel on the outside. 

My thoughts on this place is that if you have never tried Filipino food before, wanted something authentic and didn't want to spend big bucks... this is the place to do so. The whole meal cost around $20 for two.

BM Oriental Food House
3/15 Anglo Rd, Campsie NSW 2194


0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos