Dragon Den Chinese Restaurant

So my parents kept going on and on about this place and after a hard day of labour at my place.. I decided to shout my parents to their new favourite haunt.


For a place that was located on a main road surrounded by businesses that aren't open at night... I was surprised by the amount of people inside. In fact, my parents say that on Saturday nights, there's a line outside as well. Though from my photo below it really juxtaposes my comments.


One of my pet peeves is going to a restaurant in Australia and the walls are fill with non-English menus. At least they had a English booklet menu available at the table.


I love free soup. I'm glad that even small places like this stick with the tradition. The soup tasted just like home. Great starter to the meal. I drank two bowls because I was starving at this point since we were doing a late dinner with the parents. 


The reason why we came was the for the "cheap" pigeon. At $13.80 per bird, we got two pigeons to share amongst four. Bit stingy with the prawn crackers considering that at some restaurants they give bagfuls away.


Pippis in XO sauce. The sauce was fantastic and the pippis were great.. except they needed to be cleaned better. Quite a bit of sand/dirt taste which was unpleasant...


Seafood Fried Rice. This was the highlight of the meal. This is an example of what fried rice should taste like. This is what you should aspire to making the home made ones taste like. Cooked to perfection.


Snowpeas and prawns. The snow peas crunched perfectly every bite. The only gripe I have with it is that I paid close to $20 for this dish and the served me frozen prawns. 


Finished the meal off orange slices.

Upon exiting... we were chased out by a guy saying thanks for coming and tell your friends. He was actually the chef of this place and apparently many other famous Chinese restaurants which I've never heard of. Anyways, I wrote this blog, shared it with my friends and did my part of the bargain with him... now it's up to you to try...




Click to add a blog post for Dragon Den Chinese Restaurant on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos