Tingha Chinese Restaurant

When you think of Yum Cha you don't naturally associate Homebush. Tingha is located right next to Flemington markets and inside Tigers Sydney Markets.


Let's start off with their parking. It's pretty horrible to say the least as their car park tends to be subjected to the overflow of Paddy's customers.  If you're happy to circle and wait then its fine. Another option is to park across the road.


When you walk in, you're suppose to sign into the club but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it. The club is located upstairs and is quite small. The restaurant takes up about half the premises with a small pokies area, TAB and some pool tables.


We were a bit taken back by how few people there were in the restaurant... especially for a weekend lunch time... which is pretty much as prime time as it can get.


There wasn't much circulation of different dishes. Many times we were approached by the same lady trying to palm off the same dishes we initially rejected.


You have the option to request dishes that you don't see circling but the service here is quite slow and slightly on the rude side.


This was reflected when we ask for more sauce or tea... and even when we did place an order for dishes... it takes a while to arrive.


We ordered many dishes between the 7 of us and the bill came out to a slightly higher average than most Yum Cha places.


I personally found the food quality to be of a lower than average standard... but still edible....


The most disappointing dish were probably the Mango Pancake... as there was barely any cream inside...


We also tried multiple variances of the Rice Noodle Rolls... as opposed to my typical prawn filling... that too wasn't to my liking...


The highlights were probably the basic dumplings... you can't go wrong.. especially paired with chilli sauce.


The Tofu Pudding was actually quite decent as well. It didn't look appealing as most of the diners on the table were hoping for a darker syrup... but surprisingly quite enjoyable and sweet.


With plenty of empty seats in the restaurant and the staff not that attentive you can understand why it's been given the rating it has...


I don't know would I even bother to come here to dine for dinner if the Yum Cha is anything to go by...


We all left full but that doesn't always equate to satisfied....


If you're craving that Yum Cha experience than I truly insist on going for a drive to a place that has better service, a better menu and just better quality.

Tingha Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos