Cafe Bodrum

We stumbled onto Cafe Bodrum and was lured in or hypnotized by their large flashing sign. We were here for their Mixed Plate, which was heavily promoted on their outdoor signage. When I'm in Auburn, the term mixed plate really only conjures up a connection with Jasmin... this place didn't have the same flare nor crowd. 

When I placed my order for a Mixed Plate to share... she tried to upsell me to the larger platter... and I hate feeling the need to justify why I only wanted the smaller platter. Fortunately that was the only hiccup.


The food came out beautifully plated and smelt amazing. The lamb cutlet was tender (for the most part), had a nice piece of fat and well seasoned. The rice had a buttery taste and left you craving more. The kofta and chicken was both so well cooked and seasoned... so succulent and juicy. The food took a while to come out but at the end it was all worth it. The dish was all quality and I was extremely impressed.


With the mixed platter comes this super soft and fluffy bread that's crispy on the outside and like eating a cloud on the inside.... and pairs up so well with the dips. I wish we got more bread!


The "outdoor" seating area has quite a dingy feel to it. I did enjoy the fact you can people watch through the plastic.


Don't be put off by their decor and the gaudy signage... their food is top notch and left me with little complaints. I'm so glad to have found this hidden gem in plain sight.

Click to add a blog post for Cafe Bodrum on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos