Encasa Deli

When you think of Encasa in Sydney, most foodies will naturally draw the connection to Encasa Restaurant... which is a good thing as Encasa Deli falls under the same owners.


What they have on offer is a nice selection of Bocadillos (essentially sandwiches) and an even larger selection of cured meats, condiments and Spanish conservas.

We purposely came here to try their Boquerones - Spanish white anchovies, confit piquillo peppers and roast garlic aioli. What you'll find is the anchovies aren't the typical super salty kind.. instead they've been marinated in vinegar and oil and offer more of a tangy hit and a smooth aftertaste... and paired with the fresh baguette and delicious aioli... I felt like I was transported to Barcelona...


The other Bocadillos we tried was the Pepito - Eye fillet medallions, fried egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato and aioli. While it was a more heavy sandwich, the overall feel was like I was eating a Brekky Roll at any other cafe.... it just didn't have the wow factor. I definitely would just come here for the Boquerones again...


The deli is decked out in nice earthy moroons and sandy walls, wooden chairs and tables with dark legs. The large glass windows allowed the light to pass throughout the restaurant... and it had this nice authentic vibe about it... literally like I've just walked into a deli in Barcelona.


The massive wall of conservas and condiments was quite a sight...and it was fun to peruse through while you wait for your food. A lot of the groceries are imported and for sale.


Like any deli they offer a large selection of jamons, salamis and cheeses... with even some dessert. I love the use of the ladder hanging from the roof to display the meats.


The service was quick and efficient. They were happy to explain through the menu with us. It's no surprise that for the people in the know, this is a gem hidden in plain sight.


In a city filled with mediocre cafes just trying to cash in on the fad.... I love that Encasa has brought  back a bit of Barcelona to our hearts. I highly recommend a visit.

Click to add a blog post for Encasa Deli on Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos