Barista Haus

So you might not be expecting to find a decent burger joint out west... let alone in a MegaMall Center in Auburn. This is exactly why places like Barista Haus is a nice gem. Located amongst nothing but furniture stores sits this modest looking cafe decked out in black and yellow. If not for the Fatties Facebook Page, I'd probably walk right on by.


I rocked up and mentioned I saw their burger offering on Fatties and was here for their burger recommendation. I believe I ended up getting a Haus Special Burger - Brioche Bun, Bacon, Lettuce, Cheese, Onion, Chilli Sauce, Beef Pattie and Pickles. It stacked high, looked mean and beckoned to be eaten. 

First bite was gleeful... you immediately get the crunchy bacon which always gets two massive thumbs up from me. The chilli kick was lacking but pleasant enough. I love that despite it's size, the burger held its form for most of the eating. With the burger also came a basket of chips paired with garlic sauce. Quite a large meal for a decent $12.

The wait for the burger was a tad long as they make 'em fresh on the spot. It was also quite early when I rocked up and they pretty much just opened. As I sat and watched their daily operations, I couldn't help but wish maybe more signage about their burgers. Why hide something great? 


I was surprised to find out that when I mentioned the Fatties page, they offered to knock off 20% from the bill or a free drink. The customer service was uber friendly, with the staff coming out to check on how my food was and hear the burger feedback. It's definitely a very decent burger to hit up if you're in the area.

Barista Haus Auburn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

Bianca@forfoodssake said...

I don't live too far away so I might have to drop in and check them out. I have seen them pop up on FBAS occasionally but have always been a bit dismissive.

Jamal Mohamed said...

Great post on "Barista Haus". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- Culinary Institute | Chef Training Institute

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos