BCD Tofu House

After our trip to India, WifeofSnackingBear craved nothing but food from BCD Tofu House.


Their menu predominately evolves around their tofu soup. Essentially you choose what meat and rice option that tickles your fancy and go forth from there. I opted just to try their Sizzling Stone Bibimabap. The dish was beautifully plated and really hits the spot on a cold night.


My wife chose the BBQ Beef Ribs and Tofu Soup combo with a bowl of Special Rice. The delightful sound of sizzling beef and wafting sweet aromas left me feeling a bit of buyer's remorse as her meal arrived.


Their special rice is cooked with red dates, ginkgo nuts and black glutinous rice. WifeofSnackingBear prefers this but I still prefer to pair it with just plain rice.


Accompanied with the tofu soup is a raw egg to crack into it. A spoonful of this beautiful silky tofu soup warms you to the core.. literally. It offers a delicate yet perfect balance of saltiness and chilliness which just brought grins to our faces.


Like all other Korean restaurants they start you off with unlimited sides. They offer a great range and I've noticed on two seperate occasions that the sides do change. I personally loved their lotus root side dish which is not pictured above.


On our first visit it was extremely busy on Friday night prompting a wait of around 20 minutes. There are pros and cons to why we had to wait. The venue chose to seat lots of couples to four seater tables and didn't optimise it to get more customers. This caused long waiting lines though provided more privacy and personal space if already seated. What you will notice is despite being busy with customers queuing outside, it still offers a smooth and relaxing dining experience. 


I know one of my pet peeves is repeat dining experiences... as I'm always on the hunt for new and better things.. but there's something so homely and comforting about this place. Sure.. the price tag might be on the higher end... but at the end of the day can you put a price tag on satisfaction.


Bcd Tofu House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos