Gourmet Snags

I know what you're thinking. Another sausage in Sydney's sausage fest... but on closer inspection, you'd be wrong.


First thing you'd probably notice about this place is its cute store front. Yea I'm not the type of guy who openly describes things as cute, unless it refers to a puppy or a girl... but I do feel this is just how I felt upon spotting it. It's quite eye catching with the artificial greenery, potted plants and signage. 

The place offers two hot dog preferences to which you can pair up with a drink option to complete the meal. Nice and simple, which I prefer. Why bombard a menu with half attempts when you put your foot forward with your best dishes I'd say.


You have the choice between the Oriental and the Angus Beef.

Oriental (pictured above) comes with a snag that's made from lean pork, chestnuts, asian herbs and spices. It's paired with cheese and sautéed onions. 

Angus Beef (pictured below) comes with Angus Beef and Wild Mushroom Snag, sautéed onions, American cheese and fried egg.

I'm glad one of the people working there pointed out to me their garlic aoli. I was eyeing the bottle anyways. The wife and I smothered our hotdogs with it and it was the best decision we made that day.



I got a chance to speak with one of the owners and was informed that their sausages are actually from an award winning butcher. It's always good to know that my stomach was feasting on quality. Always take in the best when you're forced to take a hit in the calories.  The sausages themselves did have a more light and fresh taste that I can't really put my finger on it... but I knew I liked it. It made for a perfect pit stop snack/brunch before tackling the crowds at Burwood's Spring Festival.

Watch out for more at their Facebook page: Gourmet Snags

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos