The Bear Meets His Reindeer

It's obvious how this story ends. I married her...

Oh wait, what's with the bear and reindeer? Well let's just say she's the reindeer and I'm the bear... and the details will eventually be dripped in in future entries.

This just entails how we met. That one night when two strangers somehow unite something special like invisible fireworks amongst a club full of people. It just goes to show "it always happens when you are not looking".

I remember seeing her walking around. Her eyes and smile were mesmerising... and the fact she was in a short dress and heels probably didn't hurt her cause. Hey.. I'm a guy... apparently there's a whole science to it, something to do with shapes and stuff... but yet again I deter...

I remember thinking "Why would a girl like that notice me?"

I guess that night as I was leaving the club, waiting for the lifts, I must have gave one of those extra long lingering looks, which actually caught her attention. Woah, was I drooling. I felt full stalker-ish. But to my astonishment, she smiled back.

I left anyways... I don't think a returning smile was enough to bring my sober self to approach her and utter sweet nothings... let alone just introduce myself with the air of confidence I clearly lacked... or lack. But something inside me made it uncomfortable that night to just leave, like the replaying of the smile in my mind and the way I felt slightly weak at the knees.

I ended up rushing back up those lifts into the club, like a nervous knight climbing the tower to rescue her princess or to fight a dragon. I didn't even walk up to her. My friend did. She pointed at me awkwardly standing meters away. And I'm left wondering where I left my balls that night.


Upon my friends introduction of her to me... I remember having so little to say... and asking if I could see her I.D because I thought she was underage. I think in all these scenarios the girl always has an over-protective friend doing some on the spot profiling of me. I'm sure I failed...

I don't know how but at the end of the awkward fiasco I walked out of there alive and with her email address to which I wrote one to her straight away (of which was equally as bad as my attempt to chat to her). If there was a rule book, I think I broke around a billion things not to do that night... but in the end I guess it was just meant to be....





0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos